BUSTED: The myth that younger audiences are leaving Facebook
- 44% of women aged 18–23 use Facebook more now versus a year ago
- Just 2% of women aged 18–23 plan to close their Facebook account
- 33% of women aged 18–23 follow brands to receive the latest news or to be entertained
- One-in-four women aged 18–23 report that they “love” Facebook
- 37% of women aged 18–23 nominate Instagram as their second-favourite social media
Survey was conducted using the Pureprofile consumer research panel during 2014, with 300 Australian women between the ages of 18 and 23 years. Results are supported by active social listening and research using SDL SM2, RJ Metrics and Pew Research.