Attitudes of women towards automotive brands
- 75% of women conduct equal or more car research than their partner
- Just 9% of men make the final car purchase decision
- Only one-in-ten women believe car advertising understands them
- 80% of women wouldn’t pay/drive extra to have an attendant pump their gas
- Prestige brands failed to rank highly, with Volkswagen nominated by just one-in-sixteen women
*Survey was conducted using the Pureprofile consumer research panel during January 2014, with 410 women currently or recently in the market for a vehicle, between the ages of 30 and 60 years, located across all states/territories. Results are supported by active social listening using SDL SM2.