ATTITUDES OF WOMEN TOWARDS ALCOHOL ADVERTISING
- 93% of women could not recall alcohol advertising targeting them
- Of the women who did recall, 54% remembered a beer advertisement
- Half of the women surveyed felt neutral towards whether alcohol brands succeed in understanding and marketing to women
- Wine was the only category where women recalled below-the-line ads including in store, online and in app
- 63% of women are most influenced by other people’s purchases when it comes to trying new alcohol products
Survey was conducted using the Pureprofile consumer research panel from 25 to 28 February, 2014, with 402 women between the ages of 21 and 45 years who have consumed alcohol in the past 12 months, located across all states/territories (excluding the Northern Territory). Results are supported by active social listening using SDL SM2.