50+ women, the Invisibles: Why women over 45 feel ignored by brands
WHAT WE DISCOVERED
- Just 11% of 45+ women feel marketers pay attention to them
- 31% of 45+ women feel that they are not represented in public life
- 80% of Australia’s wealth is concentrated in the 45+ age group
- Just 2% of women over 45 rate fashion’s understanding of them as ‘excellent’
- Approaching a quarter (24%) of women feel neutral towards how fashion labels meet their needs
*Survey was conducted using the Pureprofile consumer research panel during 2014, with 414 Australian women between the ages of 45 and 60 years, and is supported with findings from the ABS.